CLOSED: This discussion has concluded.
In preparation for new contracts with providers for primary mental health care services from 1 July 2019, Brisbane North PHN is undertaking a number of reviews of services.
In line with ‘Planning for Wellbeing: A draft regional plan for North Brisbane and Moreton Bay focusing on mental health, suicide prevention and alcohol and other drug treatment services 2018-2013’, the goal of PHN commissioned services is to contribute to meeting the vision of:
- a healthy and inclusive community, where people experiencing mental health difficulties or issues related to substance use have a life with purpose and access to quality care and support focused on wellness and recovery, in an understanding, empathic and compassionate society.
The PHN and commissioned providers are committed to improving quality, coordination and integration of services to support people to achieve their goals.
Overall, our review of current and new commissioning of primary mental healthcare services will be guided by the following questions:
- How do people most easily connect to the services they need, in a timely manner?
- How can we clearly and simply structure and communicate what services are available and how to access them?
- What role do referrers have in this process, and how do we assist referrers to undertake initial assessment and referral?
- How do PHN commissioned services fit in with and complement other mental health services, in a stepped care framework?
- How do people step up or step down to different services as their needs change?
- How can we get the most benefit for the most number of people from our capped budget?
- How do we continually improve quality, coordination and integration of services?
- How can commissioned services actively involve Consumers and Carers in the planning, implementation and evaluation of services and programs?
- How do we know PHN commissioned services are making a difference?
To gain an overview of our review processes, please read the paper ‘What’s next’
In the document library specific papers are also available for reviews into:
If you have any comments or questions about any of the reviews, or to express your interest in participating in co-design activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org